Saturday, January 18, 2014

How Knitters Celebrate

I was just offered a full-time permanent position with full benefits and bonuses.  It took me five years to find this job.  Next Monday when I arrive for my first day will also be the fifth anniversary of being down-sized from my former employer.  I'd hoped that was a good omen.  It came just in time.  I had been in the process of applying for public assistance. 

So how does a Knitter celebrate?  Not the way that some people would.  I loved the leaf patterned blanket by Inge Spungen in the Winter 20013-14 issue of Vogue Knitting, and it was the only one I liked.  Normally I wouldn't buy an issue just for one pattern, but I thought this time I would.  I like leaf patterns.  I hope to get together with a couple friends soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment