Friday, April 19, 2013

Finished Socks

My first pair of socks are done.  I wove the ends in this afternoon.  Of course now it is too warm to wear wool knee socks, but they will feel good when it's cool enough again. 

I'm eager to start my next pair of socks, using On Your Toes Limited Edition yarn by Kertzer.  I can't quite figure out what the yarn will look like, so I thought that was a good enough reason to use it.  I'm still having trouble with short row directions, so I'll use Fleegle's toe again.  The colors are turquoise, purple, blue, white, aqua, gray and black.  The turquoise, blue and black alternate with white for a diced effect. 

I'm beginning to understand how people can knit two socks on 2 circular knitting needles.  However I don't think I'll be able to do that at home.  Emily looovvveees circular knitting needles.  She is front and center any time I'm anywhere near a circular knitting needle.  She likes the way the ends bob on the cable, which she wants to chew.  I'm sure they wouldn't work very well after being chewed, so I have to keep them all stashed away in a zippered pocket.  She also likes to chew the ends of wooden knitting needles, so I doubt I'll be investing heavily in them.  She bit the tip off a hardwood birch needle..  I had to buy a bamboo circular knitting needle once, so I'm keeping that way from her.

She looks deceptively sweet, doesn't she?  


1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks like you did figure it out...or at least I hope so!

    ReplyDelete