Sunday, July 12, 2020

Being Creative Again

I'm finally able to be creative again after moving.  The only thing I can do is knit. My beading stuff is packed away in different spots. I have to attack the study to make it livable before I even think sewing. I don't know exactly where my fabric is.  I was able to find yarn for a vest and for cat foot chair protectors. 

I have hardwood floors in my apartment and I wanted to protect them. I liked the Chair Paws by Nicola Valiji when I first saw them. This is my chance to play with them.


My cats are both tortoiseshell so I decided to use that color theme, as well as gray striped.  I bought DK acrylic yarn on sale.  I took a chance on one color for the light color of the tortoiseshell but it didn't work.  Since Webs sold out of the yarn I bought, I looked elsewhere and found Deramores web site. Today I managed to find what I hope is the right lighter colors for the tortoiseshell and the cat toes.  I hope these are fun to knit.

My other project is the Easy-Knit Vest by Kathy North.  
'

The yarn is Fibranatura Inca Colors.


The colors in the photo are pretty much true to life. The blueish color the company calls navy, but it isn't.  I found the buttons at In Sheep's Clothing in Torrington, CT.  I couldn't find a better match if I tried.  The yarn either stacks or makes an argyle pattern. I'm going with the argyle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment