Sunday, October 13, 2019

Destashing

I am destashing my yarn because I am moving. I hope I don't have to get rid of any more than I want to. I bought the yarn because I was unhappy with the knitted goods in stores and decided to make my own. Colors, fiber and quality were the issues.

Most of my yarns have intended projects. I just haven't gotten to them yet for various reasons, such as:

  • When Emily was young, she loved attacking my yarn. She would swoop in, grab in her mouth and try to run off with it. She stopped after three tries, but then the yarn was wet. I had to wait until after she was three years old. She thinks knitting tools are cat toys and she loves circular needles. She also likes to knead yarn, the nicer the better.
  • When I attended a knitting group, I learned not to take anything very detailed, or else I would end up taking out most of it at home. Therefore I have several vests and sweaters started but not completed.
  • My friend Kay ten Kraft of Sliver Moon died tragically and then I didn't feel like knitting.
  • After I started my present job, I worked over-time all I could because I needed the money. 
  • Once I had a shift to 11 am to 8 pm. It was difficult getting anything done.
  • My mother broke her hip in August 2014. I sprained my right shoulder pushing her in a wheelchair that September. It took over a year for it to heal since I'm on the computer all day at work.
  • March 2017 my mother broke her right leg in two places. She became ill from c. diff and an untreated bacterial skin infection with a few weeks of her stay. I was her only child and my schedule was sleep, work, and visit Mom until she passed away.
  • Now I have to move.

When I can't knit, I tend to read about knitting. I love the collection of knitting short stories in three volumes whose names I can't remember right now. One of my favorite stories is about the skating knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

I haven't found very many mystery skeins. The biggest mystery is why I have 20 skeins of Peace Fleece Mir Atlantis Periwinkle Worsted.  I know I wanted some for Christmas many years ago. I don't recall needing 20 skeins.

No comments:

Post a Comment