Sunday, November 4, 2018

Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival 2018

I made myself go to the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival 2018.  After losing my mother this past April, I haven't felt like doing anything until this came up.  Once I got there, I found two friends were there, too, and I was lucky enough to spend the afternoon with them.

I really didn't want to spend much money, but I found this yarn:


This is cormo fiber from Battenkill Fiber in Washington County, New York.  This is the softest cormo I have ever felt.  I fell in love with the colors somehow.  There is delicate shading that you can't quite see in the photo.  I think I was looking for something different from my usual colors of purple and turquoise.

I am one of those people who fall in love with colors the way they look in the skein.  I don't always like the appearance when it's knitted up.  It's the case with this colorway because of the dramatic contrast between the plum and the other colors.  I think if I knit using two skeins I may come up with something I like.  I'm determined to like it because I wasn't happy about the amount of money I spent on four skeins.  

I believe I can knit the Flying Feathers cardigan out of the yarn. I hope the pattern will look all right.

Flying Feathers


No comments:

Post a Comment