Sunday, June 29, 2014

Here I Go Again

Last week I finally figured out how to knit the Bold and Blended Striped Wrap.  Fortunately there wasn't a setback at all when the seat of my chair ripped right across when I was at the knitting group and I fell through it.

I knitted at least three inches of the pattern when I decided I didn't like the way it was coming out.  The designer may like the contrasting border with the pattern from the opposite side, but I don't and it makes the pattern more complicated.  I feel that when I knit a pattern, I'd rather have it the way I want it than put up with a version I'm not happy with.  What's three inches of knitting versus the entire garment anyway?

Yesterday I spent watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets while I knitted the shawl.  Today I will watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban while I unravel it and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment