Monday, May 12, 2014

Good Cat-Size Boxes

Recently I went to a local food co-op to buy a few things.  I forgot to bring my own bag with me.  While I was waiting at the register I picked up an empty cardboard box from the rack in the front of the store.  I brought it back to the register and said to the cashier, "This is a good, cat-sized box.  You can put it in there."

The cashier replied in bemusement, "I hear that a lot of that from people,  boxes being a good size for cats."

The gentleman behind me said, "That is a good, cat-sized box."


The funny cat in the box is my cat Tattoo, whom my family adopted in the middle 1970s when I was in high school.  He was crazy about empty boxes.  A favorite memory is when we brought home a portable black and white tv for me to take to college.  It was in a huge box.  He launched himself right on top of the box.  He could hardly wait to get inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment