Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Confession

I have a confession.  Occasionally I buy clothes on Ebay.  My personal sense of style usually doesn't coincide with fashion trends.  That is one reason why I frequent secondhand stores.  What is Ebay but a giant secondhand store on the web?  At least that's my view. 

It first began with a teal corduroy skirt made by Lands' End.  I really liked the black one I had and thought I'd try to see if it existed in another color.  It did, in teal.  I bought it for less than ten dollars.

I like to wear vests.  I find they're the perfect garment for the transitional weather in spring and fall.  They also express my personality.  It may not surprise you that I don't look for traditional, one color vests.  Unusual vests are not easy to find in the local stores.

I think the vest below was one of my first Ebay purchases.  The photo is from a current listing on Etsy.  The funny thing is that the design on the vest is the same design on a sheet of gift wrap that I bought in the 1970s.  I still have it.  I think the company must have been Gordon Fraser.  A friend suggested that I hang the paper on the wall as an art object.  If I could afford a method to protect it as well I would.



Recently I bought the vest below because I realized that most of my fabric vests didn't fit any longer and I needed one.  The colors were so pretty I had to buy it.


Last week I was thinking that I wanted a vest that didn't cats on it but was colorful.  I didn't find anything online.  Then I had a wait a minute moment and realized I had been looking at the perfect one for the past couple of months without buying it, so I sat down and did!  It is so beautiful I don't know why someone else didn't buy it.


I think it may be time for me to go into my closet to find the vests that I no longer wear and make them available to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment