A few weeks ago I finished the red cardinal ornament. It came out well. I gave it to my friend and she loved it.
I finished the front on the pullover below. Because I shortened the v-neck a little, I have to lay the back and the front together to see what length contrast band I really need in the back. Once I have that, I can go on to the sleeves.
I'm using different yarn, Park Avenue by Lily Chin.
For contrast color I'm using Great Adirondack Caribou doubled in Blossoms. It was discontinued by the company and out of all stores online. Fortunately it was on Ebay. It looks very nice together. The original contrast color was a textured yarn with mohair. Since I want to wear this top without a shirt underneath sometimes I couldn't use a yarn with mohair. My knitting friends think the sock yarn will help keep the rest of the sweater from stretching out as well.
Right now I'd really like to knit without problems. Yesterday a friend gave me two beautiful skeins of dark turquoise bulky merino yarn from the Periwinkle Sheep. I'm trying to make the 220 yards go as far as they can. I'm going to try to knit the Autumn Leaves Shawl by Susanne Visch. It might work. Working from the end gives me as much control as I can have in working this.