Friday, January 4, 2013

Cat Sweater

I've decided I'm going to knit a sweater for Molly.  Here she is when she crawled into an unfinished sweater vest to take a nap.


She's always trying to steal her sister's heated cat bed in the winter, and she doesn't have much of an undercoat, so I think she has a problem staying warm in the winter. She might like the sweater.  I've seen that at least a few cats do. 

Most pet sweaters on Ravelry are for dogs.  Chihuahuas and Yorkies are smaller.  (Dogs smaller than my cats have always amused me.)  She's also not proportioned the same.  Although you can tell from her face that she has Siamese ancestry, she certainly does not have the Siamese physique.  She's a full-bodied kitty and her body tapers differently than a healthy dog.

I did find a sweater pattern for her sweater.  It is the The Perfect Fit Dog and Cat Sweater Pattern Generator from Travelling Tree Designs.  I have an extra skein of purple worsted that I can use for it.  I'm not sure if she'll like the idea of pulling a sweater over her head, but that will be faster than trying to button a sweater on a cat trying to get away from the sweater on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment