Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bird Ornaments

A few years ago I ran around all over trying to find realistic looking birds to put on my Christmas tree.  I found them the very last place I looked, a store a couple blocks from me.  It's since closed.  I think my search was worth it because I liked my tree very much.


I  really didn't want to take the ornaments off and put them away.

However, there are some very cute bird ornaments I wouldn't mind knitting.  I really like these round little fellows from Chiwaluv Amigurumi Critters.  I think the only thing stopping me is I don't have DK or other lightweight yarn in the right colors.


There is also this little adorable bird from Knitting For Your Home.


Audrey's Knits on Ravelry gives you a lovely flying bird.


Another dove-like bird, one I like from Knit Cafe Toronto.


Yet another dove pattern.  I don't want to be accused of leaving one out!  This is Picasso's Peace Dove from Nicole A. Davis .


You'll have to think about what you want in your dove in order to choose a pattern.

With a little more effort you can make these felted birds, designed by Marie Mayhew and available at Marie Mayhew Designs


This little guy isn't very realistic--he doesn't even live on my continent--but he's definitely very cute and cheerful.  He'd be great to find waiting for you on a package.


He comes from Jacquie Turner.  Here's a whole flock:


Some enterprising knitters made some clever variations.  I had fun looking through them on Ravelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment