Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Sucking the Life Out of Us

This is directed to anyone who has money invested, including pension plans. Do you realize that this method of making money is sucking the life out of Americans? We have inflation because of the Federal Reserve. I know we have inflation because my expenses have doubled since 2003. The Fed raises interest rates so there are more returns on investment. And where is that money coming from? Us working people.

The Capitalistic investment system is sucking the life out of me almost literally. My salary is the same as it was in 2003. My rent takes half my salary. It was very difficult to find a decent apartment in the fall of 2019. I can only afford the employee contribution of about $240 monthly for my health insurance, but I can't afford testing, procedures or even eye glasses. I can't afford the recommended treatment for my cat's arthritis. I can't afford to have my car repaired. I can't afford fun:  books, streaming services on-line, any subscriptions, a take-out meal, craft supplies, concerts on-line or not. How would people WITH investments like to live like me?


 

In case you think I am a crank, I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from what used to be a highly regarded college. I am a published author. I've had the same employment position for almost seven years. However, I have been underemployed my entire adult life because this economy has been so focused on businesses involved in the capitalist cycle and I could never make enough money for any sort of cushion to get myself farther.

The investment process takes more and more money away from people leaving with less and less. Now it's really hurting me. I am not giving up though.

I AM THE BEST ME THERE IS AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment