Sunday, March 4, 2018

An Epic Battle in My Home County

When I decided to celebrate my raise at work, I bought the 5-movie package of Ice Age animation movies and also the movie Epic made by the same studio.  It came out while I was unemployed and I didn't have money to go see it.

A little way into the movie I was amazed to see these scenes come up:



In the county where I grew up, Columbia County in New York State, there is an ornate mansion named Olana built by the painter Frederick Church in the late nineteenth century.  It's a state park and very popular.


If it was ever mentioned in local media that the mansion was being used in a feature cartoon film, I completely missed it.  I enjoyed the movie very much and I think it's kind of cool it takes place in Columbia County, New York. I was hoping to play the movie for my mother.  She would have enjoyed it once.  Now she has advanced dementia and can't handle violent episodes in movies.  

I thought the way the woods folk were represented was very cool.  I don't know why the clothing wasn't adapted for Halloween costumes.  They may be labor intensive.  I'm afraid my short, stout figure doesn't lend itself to the loveliest flowers.






No comments:

Post a Comment