Sunday, March 6, 2016

Time for Color Affection Shawl?

Several years ago I bought purple and green yarn to make a Color Affection Shawl to go with my favorite purple and green batik clothing.  I needed the right shade blue to make it work.  That was easier said than done.  By this time I've visited several distance instances of fiber festivals and shops and never found the right shade.  Today I took a chance on this beautiful color by Tuskenknits:


I know if it's not the right color I will still be very happy with it.  Buying yarn over the web can be very tricky.  I've had some disappointments, but it wasn't anyone's fault.  Some larger companies could take more care, though, to make sure the yarn they're selling truly looks like periwinkle on the web and not bright reddish-purple instead.

I probably won't stop going to fiber festivals, though.  

2 comments: