Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pink Not So Much

I've been poking around in my beads this afternoon since allergens compelled me to stay inside.  I haven't really played with my beads since we lost Midnight.  She was my beading partner.  She used to come right over and sit down to watch.  

I was looking to see if I had pink flower beads because I want to make earrings to go with my vest.  I didn't find any.  I never liked pastel pinks for years because little girls were supposed to like pink.  I still don't favor it.  I like bright pinks instead.  

I found a lot of beads in different shades and shapes of purple and  blue-green with some green.  My favorite colors, of course.  I found a lot of beads that brought a lot of projects not even started to mind.

I've come up with the idea of making some kind of a patchwork applique vest featuring my own cats.  It's a Native American tradition, wearing representations or even actual physical parts of the animals that you identify with spiritually, or symbols that represent people or events.  I've wanted to honor Midnight, and my other cats, somehow, and I think this would be the best way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment