Monday, May 27, 2019

Best Accomplishment This Weekend

My plants were put in the planter in record time this year. Only the verbena sat by itself during the week. Every spring I'm reminded I like to design and plant flowers.




What I do differs every year. It depends not only on changing my mind, but also on what's available. I love annual phlox. It smells very nice.  It's prone to mildew and our recent wet summers wouldn't be good for it, so I haven't grown it. The flowers I've planted have always been favorites, as well as the colors.  I wonder if I could find a more color-coordinated watering container. 

I hope my potted garden grows well this year. Last year I used different potting soil and it was not very good. The only plant that did well was alyssum.  Even the fertilizer didn't seem that great. This year I went back to what I used before, except for a couple spots near the end to fill in because I ran out. It might affect the catmint. I'll have to buy a small bag of the good soil. What my family used when I was growing up was Swiss Farms, a local company in Philmont.

I had wanted to clean up my bedroom and hall this weekend.  They have been sorely neglected while Mom was sick. It wasn't easy afterward, either. Easier said than done. It turned out to be a good example of how my allergies rule my life.  I have too many and if they're combined, I run at half speed.  I take many supplements that help, but the fatigue remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment